from the archive

I've completed several abstract "ice" paintings and had every intention of starting a series called "Fire and Ice," but this is as far as I've gotten:


Glacier1, acrylic on canvas, 20x20"


Glacier2, acrylic on canvas, 24x24"


Ice Storm, acrylic on canvas, 30x30"


I love the amazing colors in glacier ice, and I'm just noting that the first two paintings depict a cave or hole in the glacier, so those colors just get deeper and deeper.

I'd like to revisit this series, maybe do the ice ones in the summer and fire ones in the winter. This acrylic technique, using paper towels, goes pretty quickly and is incredibly messy, which I enjoy. 

Here's a proposed ice canvas:


Glacier3, oil on canvas, probably 30x40"

This one will be a lot more involved, obviously. I started it once, but didn't finish. I wonder what in the world I did with it?


Comments

Popular Posts