July 2023 newsletter

The TimmonsArt Biz Newsletter (July 2023)

Goodness the summer is flying by, even since my solo show closed. And my fancy butterflies have finally started showing up regularly:

                             

And I was particularly excited to see this tiny critter having a wee respite on a hydrangea leaf:


We hear frogs all summer, but rarely do we see them. I love frogs!

Last week, I delivered two paintings to the Central Bank gallery in downtown Lexington (KY) for an exhibit called Looking at You. I was unable to attend the opening reception, but this photo was posted by Arts Connect Lexington, which manages the gallery space at the bank:


Fashion: Audrey No. 1   oil on canvas, 36x36"

My other painting in the show is this one:


Fashion: Black Hat   oil on canvas, 24x24"

Also last week, I delivered Variation on a Martini No. 1 (oil on canvas, 30x40") to my gallery in Cincinnati, ADC Fine Art. The painting is a finalist in the spring installment of Art Comes Alive, a semi-annual fine art competition.


I had been home about an hour when ADC posted this promo:

Is ADC's social media team on the ball or what?

When everything was tallied at the end of my solo show, I had sold three paintings, which is always a thrill. I was very pleased with the show's reception, and I have compiled images from it, along with closeups of the work and interiors with the paintings exhibited, in a photo book.

    
The book measures 8.5x11" (closed) and is available for purchase in my Shopify store: 'Out on a Limb' book – TimmonsArt







Comments

Popular Posts