September 2023 newsletter

The TimmonsArt Biz Newsletter (September 2023)

It's fall! My favorite time of year. This is a photograph I took in Bernheim Forest a couple of decades ago:


I've abstracted it in Photoshop but have yet to commit it to canvas:


Pretty dramatic, right? 

In other studio news, I just finished this second painting in my 'Matisse, Abstracted' series:


Flowers and Ceramic Plate 
oil on canvas, 36x36"

And I'm working on this repeat of an earlier painting, but in a different size and height to width ratio:

Variation on a Purple Coneflower Redux
oil on canvas, 20x24"

I've also added Rose Violet to my palette since the first painting. It should make mixing all those pinky purples a lot easier.

And I managed to snag a photo of one Monarch before it headed south. They were really finicky this year.


Enjoy this glorious season!

Comments

Popular Posts