things are great

I'm preparing for a solo show next June, entitled 'Out on a Limb.' Yep, it's all about trees, and I've been busy creating abstract images and subsequent paintings of all kinds of them, in all different seasons. In addition, all my artwork, be it painting, photograph or digital, that involves a wooden component (frame, stretchers, whatever) will be subject to a 10% of purchase price donation to One Tree Planted, a global organization focused on reforestation. Every dollar donated plants a tree. You can learn more about the organization and its mission at onetreeplanted.org. This painting, 'Variation on a Japanese Maple No. 2' (oil on canvas, 36x48"), will be the centerpiece of my show:


And you can keep up with the work for the show at timmonsart.com/out-on-a-limb.

Meanwhile, I will be transporting 'Variation on a Glass House' (oil on canvas, 24x48")


and 'Variation on a Broadway Musical No. 1' (oil on canvas, 36x48")


to Lexington (KY) for an exhibit that runs through October. I haven't had any work on display in Lexington for a long time, so I'm excited about this show. Also, I have had work accepted into the Art Comes Alive competition at my gallery in Cincinnati, but I don't know which piece yet, so more on that later.


Comments

Popular Posts