inspiration of the natural world

Nature's beauty and inspiration are gifts that enrich our lives and awaken our spirits. By immersing ourselves in the wonders of the natural world, we find solace, ignite our creativity, and reconnect with the essence of our existence. We should cherish and protect nature, as it holds the key to our own growth and harmonious coexistence with the world around us.

The boundless beauty of the natural world is an endless wellspring of inspiration for me. Its colors, patterns, and intricate designs ignite my imagination and fuel my creativity. From the delicate petals of a flower to the sprawling canopy of a forest, nature's artistry urges us to see the world through fresh eyes and find inspiration in the simplest of details.

3Bare Trees, oil on canvas, 30x30"

The opening reception for my solo show, Out on a Limb, was last night, and as I've reflected on the many questions I was asked by patrons interested in my inspiration and technique, I thought it best to commit some thoughts to "paper." The debt we owe the natural world, and trees in particular, is immeasurable, yet, as I said in my artist statement for the show, humanity, in so many ways, is out on a limb and sawing that limb off behind itself at an alarming speed. One of the favorite paintings in the show is The Redwoods are Burning . . . 


oil on canvas, 30x48"

I thought the message of the painting was perhaps too subtle, but boy was I wrong. Viewers were struck by the image and what it portends.

So I'm recommitting myself to focusing attention on the incredible gifts of the natural world and what we should be doing to protect them. This is it . . . our only home.








Comments

Popular Posts