I love designing posters, and here's a new idea

I'm not sure why posters are so appealing to me - it's not like I collect them or anything. It's probably because I'm a flower child, and posters were our wall art way back when. I definitely pick up a poster every time I see a fabulous museum show.

This is one I designed in 2007, where I borrowed a figure from Erte:


Pretty basic. But I found out a couple of weeks ago that some of the merchants involved in this promotion actually held on to the poster.

I riffed on Matisse when I designed this poster, which I've given to a number of couples as a wedding gift:


I write the wedding date under "love", and for gay couples, I add the date of the US Supreme Court decision allowing gay marriage.

This poster features an image of one of my paintings entitled 'Variation on Bourbon Rocks', hence the text:


This abstract bourbon design looks really good as a greeting card too.

Finally, here's something I've been working on the past few days:


It's my take on a Taoist idea. Water flows and can be extremely comforting, but it's strong enough to carve out something like the Grand Canyon.

There you have it - my scant poster portfolio. There will be more. 

Comments

Popular Posts