the world is waking up

Though it's too early, everything around us is starting to green up and leaf out. These beauties have been out for a couple of weeks . . .

My husband went crazy for about four years in a row and planted hundreds of daffodils, so our springtime is pretty spectacular. I've even seen one butterfly, a Fritillary, but there's not a lot for them to eat right now. I always worry about that. Lots of pregnant does foraging too.

I'm still working hard on the paintings for my upcoming solo show. Gonna round things out with some minimal trees and some prints of leaves from our yard. So I guess it's a good thing I'll have some full-grown leaves fairly soon. Here's a couple of the minimal "leafless" tree paintings on the wall . . .



The technique in rendering this style painting and my geometric abstracts could not be more different. These minimal paintings take me less than an hour, even the big ones, and it goes without saying that the geometrics take weeks or months. I like that contrast. And I like the spontaneity of the minimal work. I can paint those (acrylics) while I'm waiting for the geometrics (oil) to dry.

I'm also celebrating the restoration of my little guy, Memphis's health. We had a close call the end of January and into February . . . silly boy ate something that got stuck in his intestines. He had two surgeries in as many weeks, and a long time at the doggy hospital. He got the best care there is, and it was not cheap, but I had him insured with Trupanion, and I cannot say enough good things about that company. Please PLEASE - if you haven't bought insurance for your four-legged companions, do it now. I'm going to do a portrait of Memphis as soon as I finish the work for my show and make a gift of it to the hospital. I'll be sure to show it to you. Meanwhile, here's the boy resting comfortably and being spoiled appropriately . . .


You can see the lineup of work for my solo show here: OUT ON A LIMB – TIMMONS ART




Comments

Popular Posts