newsletter - August 2026
The Valerie Timmons Art Newsletter (August 2026)
I completely missed publishing a newsletter last month! The August 1 deadline for getting my solo show (Masked: What a Woman Holds) completed had me hopping the last couple of weeks in July. I thought I had everything planned out, but you know how that goes. It got done though, and the show looks amazing. Many thanks to everyone who came out for the opening.
Where the Light Gets In
The Santa Fe gallery that is sponsoring my residency in November has a current exhibit on the walls that includes my painting, Nancy No. 6. Since the show ends the day before my residency begins, and I am planning to drive to Santa Fe, I'll just be able to pick her up if she doesn't sell, so I didn't have to spring for return shipping, which is significant these days, let me tell you.
The Santa Fe gallery that is sponsoring my residency in November has a current exhibit on the walls that includes my painting, Nancy No. 6. Since the show ends the day before my residency begins, and I am planning to drive to Santa Fe, I'll just be able to pick her up if she doesn't sell, so I didn't have to spring for return shipping, which is significant these days, let me tell you.
Voltage of Hope
Next week, I'll be shipping two paintings to Los Angeles for an exhibit during that city's Art Week. Both works are from my Masked series:
Next week, I'll be shipping two paintings to Los Angeles for an exhibit during that city's Art Week. Both works are from my Masked series:
Masked: 29 oil on canvas, 30x30"

Masked: 31 oil on canvas, 24x24"
I've been thinking a lot . . .
about my photography and how I've let it languish for a few decades, photos of the critters in my yard notwithstanding. What subject matter should I focus on (pun intended)? Right now, the things that interest me most I suppose we can lump into the broad category of Americana. I'm fascinated by weathered signs, old buildings and quirky scenes found in urban and rural areas alike. Speaking of quirky, here are a couple of things of late that made me smile, and both are available on my print-on-demand site (valerie-timmons@pixels.com).
Plus a couple of pretties, as my grandmother would say . . .
And some rocks (also available at valerietimmons@pixels.com) . . .
As always, thanks for reading!


















Comments
Post a Comment