my belief statement

Okay. I think I finally have it. Here's my belief statement:

The earth's natural environment includes living and non-living things that occur naturally and not due to humans or human creation. Still, humans rely on the natural environment for sustenance, beauty, inspiration, and hope.

Initially, I was going to focus my belief statement on only living things but realized that glaciers are the sources of water for a large percentage of the planet's humans and wildlife. I started my professional life as a geologist, so I already know what resources lay beneath our feet. I posted just this week about a proposed abstract painting series based on geologic maps. And I have a series in mind for paintings of erupting volcanoes and glaciers/ice. So many ideas, so little time! I need to land on a technique that's faster than my geometric abstractions.


a proposed painting of a volcanic eruption


Comments

Popular Posts