May 2024 newsletter

 The TimmonsArt Biz Newsletter (May 2024)

My Upcoming Solo Show
I decided on the subject matter for Cincinnati show in October. Horses! Yes, it's been done, but not my way. I've completed a couple of large black and white pieces . . . 


Majestic  oil on canvas, 36x36"


Snow  oil on canvas, 36x36"
 
. . . but most of the rest will be color, and a couple of them are underway.


'Audition' Painting for a Gallery in Santa Fe
Once a year, I get the urge to submit a portfolio, usually digital these days, to galleries across the country. This time, I got a nibble! The gallerist who contacted me is only interested in horses - large canvases, e.g., nothing smaller than 48x48". I'm happy to oblige, but forgot I had no way to get a canvas that large from the art supply store to my home. Fortunately, my favorite store in Louisville, Preston Arts Center (huge kudos to them), delivers! Here's the result . . . 


Tempest  oil on canvas, 48x48"

Now all I have to do is figure out how to get it to Santa Fe.

In the Meantime
While all these paintings have been drying, I've been playing with AI, composing and altering images. Here's the most complicated so far . . .


The Priestesses
I used three separate AI programs on this one.

And some more, still in the experimental phase.




If you can imagine it, you can create it. SO much fun.

So I'm up to my eyeballs in work that I love! Stay tuned.












 




Comments

Popular Posts